CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 16, 2011

Tang Yuan



Tang Yuan. hahahaha. the easiest recipe ever. I was browsing Asian Food pictures and a couple of food blogs when suddenly I have the urge to make onde-onde or even just tang yuan. So i quickly went into the kitchen to see whether I have glutinous rice flour or anything else that i can turn into Asian dessert.

So, luckily enough I do have glutinous rice flour and I knew I have brown sugar (gula kabung). Onde-onde seems harder than tang yuan so of course I chose to make tang yuan.

Ingredients
glutinous rice flour
water
salt
brown sugar
white sugar
ginger slices

Method
Mix glutinous rice flour, water and some salt until the dough doesn't stick to your hands.
Meanwhile, boil two pots of water. One pot to make the sugary syrup. Another to cook the dough. (I'm not sure if you can just cook the dough in the syrup. You can try and let me know)
For the syrup, add brown sugar and white sugar to your likings. Add the ginger slices.
Pinch a bit of the dough to form a ball.
Slowly put the dough into the boiling water. When the balls are cooked, they will float. Transfer the balls into the syrup. Repeat the process until all the dough finished.
Serve.

0 comments: